Tuesday, September 02, 2008

big week

Lots going on around here.

1. Amanda is imminently due. Could be any day. More accurately, any minute. I'm hoping the little guy holds off til the weekend. If for no other reason than we need to confirm a name. Boaz is still in the running, as far as I'm concerned.

2. Zara starts pre-school tomorrow. What is she most excited about? Packing her lunch and wearing her new "back-to-school" dress. I tried to explain to her that it's not "back" to school for her since she's never been there before. This made no sense to her and only made her mad. Understandably so. I just hope she simmers down the feisty-ness while she's at school. The girl has a strong will.

3. I started the fall term at Mars Hill today. Only one class, but it was a real joyride: Sexual Disorders. It's going to be a good one, but it will take a lot out of me. Other classes for the term: Psychopathology and Human Growth/Development.

4. New job. No--i don't have one. Some good leads, but in the next couple days I'm going to be forced to make a decision about one particular job. I don't really want it, but the prospect of turning it down without anything else lined up is a bit unnerving.

5. Republican National Convention. Good grief. I just can't comprehend voting for those fools. Sorry.

I'm enjoying a quiet peaceful evening at home tonight. We're trying to enjoy every last minute of our time before kid #2 arrives on the scene. Saw a lot of friends this weekend and had some good time with just the three of us. I'm noticing that when I do have time to be quiet and peaceful I find myself wanting to fill the time with distractions--people, internet, tv, etc. I haven't taken much time lately to just sit and be still. So today I got up early and journaled for awhile, which was nice. And rare.

Being back at school today was great. Orientation for new students was happening, and I clearly remember going through it last year. Watching the proceedings reminded me of how good the last year has been for me, and how much school (and the relationships there) have impacted me. I was filled with much gratitude.

That's rare these days. Usually I'm only focused on what's not going well--it's easy for me to start kicking my own ass about the things that I'm not doing well. It's a problematic way to live. Today was a nice break from that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clayre Turner said...

I can't wait for pictures of the new baby. As a biblical figure, i've always like Boaz.

3:01 PM, September 05, 2008  
Blogger joanna said...

zach. thinking of you and yours. this week i added some red things to my house and thought of amanda, happy thoughts. i think highly of you.
jo

10:25 PM, September 10, 2008  
Blogger manda said...

i wish you knew how often i check your blog - FINALLY a new blog, just when i was about to give up!

congratulations on the babe...

and, oh yeah, one more thing - why did i not see you when i was in seattle?!?!

9:40 PM, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Nathan said...

wow Zach, sounds like you have been a busy guy. I glad I found this blog. I've been thinking about you. Prayin for you. I hope you are doin well. Tell Amanda I said Hi.

Nathan
DTS 05
St. Louis

4:03 PM, November 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home