Saturday, January 19, 2008

the hermit...

Haven't left the house today.  That probably won't change either, unless I walk to the garage to refill my supply of firewood for the evening.  It's been a great day of relaxing, playing with Zara, and enjoying friends.  Our friends Randy & Melissa (along w/ their two kids) are here visiting Seattle and considering joining our staff.  So we spent some time with them this morning, and then Amanda made an incredible soup that we all enjoyed for lunch.  Afterwards, Zara & Amanda took naps while I relaxed in front of the fireplace catching up on some things and listening to Iron and Wine.  Those factors, along with a steady rain, created the perfect Saturday afternoon atmosphere--in my opinion at least...  As I looked around my living room I couldn't imagine a better, more relaxed atmosphere--good music accompanied by the sounds of the fire and the falling rain.

School started up again this week.  Sort of.  Two of my classes don't actually start until the last week of January due to scheduling and the holiday on Monday.  I'm looking forward to my classes--especially a New Testament class.  I'm at a point in my life where I'm really wanting to soak in all that I can in regards to faith and theology.  I feel pretty free to question and dissect what I've come to call my faith and beliefs.  Right now I'd say those things are very fluid, and I find myself having a difficult time nailing down much in the way of specifics that I feel "sure" about.  In the past that would've been scary to say, but as I approach things in a more honest way I feel like my faith is evolving into something more sustainable and lasting.  I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home